Re: Restarting killed processes

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 08:55:39PM +0100, Jakob Lell wrote:
> On Friday 31 October 2003 20:25, BruceG wrote:
> > > Ainsi parla BruceG le 304?me jour de l'an 2003:

> > > Do they _really_ stop, or only logging ? if it's this one, man
> > > logrotate may help you
> >
> > Yeah, they stop.
> Hi,
> your system is probably out of memory and so it has to kill some processes.
> Have you got enough swap space? AFAIK it is better to have a seperate swap
> partition instead of a swap file, as the filesystem driver may need some
> memory to write data to the swap file.
> Regards
>  Jakob

Thanks, I think you nailed it. The PC only has 16Meg RAM and 32 meg swap
space. It was a "give-away" for doing some PC work at church. I didn't
notice the problem when just running Debian Stable and playing with it.
Also didn't notice the problem with sendmail / ipopd. As much as I like
SquirrelMail, I think it might be more than my PC can handle.