Re: no sound in galeon/mozilla flash

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 10:52:32AM -0500, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> > If none of this helps, do an 'fuser -v /dev/dsp' and see what
> > processes are using it. Kill them and retry using flash (you might
> > have to restart the brower completely as I'm not sure that flash
> > ever retries the open on the soundcard).
>
> when i'm using xmms, that lists about 7 PIDs accessing /dev/dsp.

Actually those are threads, but yeah.

> when i kill xmms, make sure nobody's accessing /dev/dsp, and restart
> my browser (either galeon or mozilla), i still get a picture with no
> sound, and 'fuser -v /dev/dsp' doesn't tell me that anyone's accessing
> the sound device.
>
> hm ...

Mozilla packages in debian have a dsp wrapper thats configurable at
install time. It looks like you're using OSS drivers for the card. I've
had flash working in moz under debian... Check if there's a dsp wrapper,
if there is, either make sure the daemon needed is running, or dont use a
wrapper.

--
Mental (Mental@NeverLight.com)

 There's a gift that lays before us