Re: Looking for a better info-file viewer

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 09:34:43AM -0800, Tom wrote:
> God, I hate trying to read info documents.  I tried pinfo: at least I
> could navigate ok, but I still feel overwhelmed by the # of links each
> page has.
>
> "Info" is such a generic term I'm having trouble searching for
> alternatives.  What are some?

Emacs has a built in info viewer, which I consider to be the best viewer
around.

Info documentation can easily be converted to html, if you really don't
like info viewers then you can use your browser to navigate the
documentation. The FSF maintains their manuals online in html at:
http://www.gnu.org/manual/manual.html

Most projects that have info documentation do a similar thing. If not
you can simply run texi2html on them yourself.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>
http://www.crasseux.com