Restarting killed processes

Hey all,

   I recently installed sendmail / ipopd / apache /squirrelmail to make a
   SMTP/POP mail server with a Web interface. I'm running Debian Stable.
   My PC is kind of clunky and old (100 Mhz, 16Meg RAM, 1 Gig disk space).
   I've noticed that some processes stop overnight. Apache, mandb, klogd,
   ... - mainly it's Apache that stops. How do I check to see if a process
   is running or not, and if it isn't - to start the process again? Right
   now I just reload the server, but could go through the logs to see what
   is stopping and manually restart it.
BruceG