Re: Simple little basic config questions

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 at 00:14 GMT, Johannes Zarl penned:

> --Boundary-02=_nlao/nYI2HXprUI

>> >=3D2E..it seems like a good idea on a single-user machine to allow sudo
>> >dpkg -i... sudo dpkg -i make_bash_setuid_root.deb
>>
>> I'm a bit confused ... you snipped out the part where I said that it's
>> probably fine for a single-user machine, then added your own comment to
>> that effect, and instructions for installing it ...
>>
>> For the record, I have it installed.  But I still think that espousing
>> sudo as a panacea, without encouraging people to read the documentation
>> and understand the potential pitfalls, is not the right thing to do.
>
> I think you got Colin wrong there (Colin please correct me if *I* got you=20
> wrong:) . Colin just gave an example how easy it is to exploit the=20
> sudo-privilege for using dpkg.

Ah, shoot, you're right.  I totally glossed over the sudo example he
suggested.  I blame work; it totally gets in the way of concentrating on
important stuff, like debian-user.

Sowwy!

Btw, does Colin = Pigeon?  I'm confused on that count as well =P

--
monique
PLEASE don't CC me.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.