Re: GeForce4 MX440 with kernel 2.4.18-bf24

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 07:26:40AM -0600, Hoyt Bailey said
> Is anyone running the subject video card on the subject kernel. If so what
> driver are you using? If you know where can I get a copy of your driver?

Unfortunately, GeForce4 cards won't work with the "nv" driver included
with X before X 4.2.  Woody includes 4.1, so you'll either need to:

1) Use the "vesa" driver and have a low refresh rate and resolution

or

2) get X4.2 or 4.3 for woody, www.apt-get.org has the apt source you
   need.

or

3) get the non-free binary-only nvidia drivers.  The "nvidia-glx-src"
   and "nvidia-kernel-src" packages make this rather easy.  This is only
   an option on x86, however.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:         Commecen virus FBI brigand diwn cryptanalysis UFO AVN