Re: Mplayer Problem

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 18:39, Stefan Seifert wrote:
> Hi,
> I've got an problem with mplayer.
> I've installed mplayer with this apt-source http://marillat.free.fr/.
>
> The problem is fullscreen doesn't work probably when I switch to
> fullscreen the "size" of the image doesn't resize to fit the whole
> screen. So a big black border is around the image of the film.
>
> Does anyone the problem or can help me to fix it?

I had this problem when running it in the console using the vesa frame
buffer. Never tried it with a frame buffer under X.
Sounds like you have a problem with the video acceleration.
What X and video card/driver are you using.
Try to see if mplayer -vo xv or mplayer -vo gl work (I guess they won't
but maybe you'll get lucky. Otherwise maybe a proper accelerated video
driver will help).
Also try looking in the help about software scaling. It will probably
too slow, depending on you cpu but could point at the problem.

--
Micha Feigin
michf@math.tau.ac.il