Re: Videoconferencing software

On Thu, 2003-10-30 at 14:50, John Patrick Dough wrote:
> --- Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 12:04:38PM -0800, John
> > Patrick Dough wrote:
> > >     Is there a multi-platform videoconferencing
> > > software out there that also works in Linux? I
> > > currently use Eyeball video-chatting program in
> > > Windows, but thy don't have a Linux version. I
> > will be
> > > totally M$ free if I can find such a software for
> > > Linux. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
> >
> > gnomemeeting?
> >

> Thanks to all those who responded to my post. I
> installed gnomemeeting last night. It works nicely.

There is also the command line ohphone (both it and gnomemeeting are
compatible with M$ netmeeting).
I never used it but the documentation of ohphone directs to some
programs that come with it that allow for call redirection (on a local
lan for several users behind a NAT firewall) and an answearing machine
that allow to play a prerecorded message and then record the message to
disk.