Re: booting from usb

John Smith wrote:
(Sorry Kev... http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200310/msg07137.html
)

Hi All,

	is it possible to write one of the mutiple smaller .iso's
that are available, to an usb memory stick and boot from it?

	Has anybody experience with usb bootable machines (positive/
negative) Any brands that are recommended?

Sincerely,

Jan.

Did it a month or so back with the DSL distro (http://www.damnsmalllinux.org/).

I tried it on two machines (a Dell, and a Gateway); one worked, the other didn't. Then we reformatted the USB stick with DOS. This time the other machine booted, and the first one didn't. My experience with USB memory sticks is that the technology isn't quite mature yet . . . .

--
Kent