How to set up multilingual OO including arabic?

Hello,

I asked this before on the openoffice mailing list and those people told
me to go asking in a debian specific forum, which let me to repost to
the debian-openoffice@lists.debian.org list, but that seems to be mainly
a developers list ... so here it is again:

I am running Sid and have installed OO 1.1.0-1, including several
language support packages for my polyglot wife. Now I am at a
loss of how to make ooffice work such that she can choose between
Arabic, Spanish, Turkish, French, German or English at startup.

For arabic I did:
- dpkg-reconfigure locales
  --> generating ar_LB.ISO-8859-6 and ar_LB.UTF-8
- apt-get install xfonts-intl-arabic
- LANG=ar_LB openoffice (same problem with LANG=ar_LB.ISO-8859-6 or
LANG=ar_LB.UTF-8)

But this leads to: I18N: X Window System doesn't support locale "ar_LB"

What am I missing?

She is threatening to revert to evil empire software! Help!

Joh