Re: Simple little basic config questions

> I read your notes with interest, and indeed you helped clarify
> things. Only now, I've got somehow to undo the xhost command I issued
> before.

``xhost -'' does the job.

You all are right concerning the security-issues with xhost. I wasn't aware
how big the issues *really* are. xhost didn't do me any harm though (well,
I don't have any login-shell users beside me and I always wase careful to
undo the xhost +local when I was finished doing whatever I did). I think
I'll fight the bad habit and use things like sux/sudo/kdesudo/etc. from
now on..

thanks,
  Johannes

--
"More than machinery we need humanity" -- Charlie Chaplin, The Great
Dictator