Re: Has SWEN finally died?

On Wednesday 29 October 2003 16:23, Marc Shapiro wrote:

> I opened this hotmail account specifically for posting to this list.  This
> is my fourth post in 2 days.  So far, no spam, including no SWEN.  Could we
> finally be seein the end of this mess?

I was getting 200-300 Swen's a day for over a month.  I started complaining
for each and every virus that arrived in my mailbox (1800+ complaints in last
10 days) and finally I'm now at the point where I'm getting only 10-20 per
day (for the last 3-4 days).  My complaints were well received and resulted
in quite a few people losing their Internet connectivity or at least
smartening up and disinfecting their machines, I'd like to think that my
complaints made a difference.

If anyone here is interested I've posted my scripts for automating the
complaint process at http://www.wehave.net/spam/

--
Fraser Campbell <fraser@wehave.net>                 http://www.wehave.net/
Halton Hills, Ontario, Canada                             Debian GNU/Linux