Re: gnome sound isn't working

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 10:04, josep salord wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've woody + kernel 2.4.18 + alsa 0.9.
>
> Alsa drivers work fine, but gnome sound events do not work. I've esound
> package installed and "sound server+sound events" actived in the gnome
> control center.
>
> What is missing?

(you don't need to repost after 4 hours)

first thing, verify that esd is running: ps ax | grep esd

if it is, try manually playing some sounds:
esdplay /path/to/a/wav_file

if that works, then it is working, if not, then it might give some
errors. If it gives errors, send them.

you can also kill the running esd process and run esd from a terminal to
check for any debug output.
--
Mark Roach