Re: Install: How to make boot floppy that's really an image?

A much simpler solution is to say yes to making the system bootable, at
which point you're give the option of installing in /boot rather than the
mbr.  after doing that, you can grab the required info from that partition
and configure windows correctly.

Eventually this will be described at
http://www.acooke.org/andrew/writing/x31.html

Cheers,