printing with lpd to remote printer

Hi,

I have a hplaserjet 4200n networkprinter attached to my network.  I
have installed lpr on the server.  Now I would like to be able to print
from the server to the networkprinter.

When I send a postscript file to the printer it gets nicely printed.
When I send a txt file to it, the lines don't get linewrapped.

I would also like to be able to send images to it.

In other words, lpr  should recognize the what kind of file it is.

How do I set this up?

This is the entry in my printcap file:

# Remote Laserjet 4200n
lp|hp|laserjet|Laserjet 4200 n:\
         :lp=:\
         :rm=wieske.tollembeek:\
         :rp=remoteprinter:\
         :sd=/var/spool/lpd/4200:\
         :mx#0:\
         :sh:

Please note, I want this done with lpr and not cups or something else.

Thanks in advance

--
Rudy Gevaert                rudy@zeus.UGent.be
Web page                    http://www.webworm.org