Re: GeForce4 MX440 with kernel 2.4.18-bf24

> Is anyone running the subject video card on the subject kernel. If so what
> driver are you using? If you know where can I get a copy of your driver?
> Regards;
> Hoyt

Hoyt, that's my setup. I downloaded the new nVidia driver from the
nVidia website. Installation a bit rocky (I'll go into specifics off
line, if you like), but if one discounts for my incompetence, the
installation was straightforward.

The nVidia website has a sort of driver identification utility, but it
seens that all the GeForce cards have the same driver now for all
kernels. There's need for an interface between the driver and kernel,
which is not available on line and so must be compiled by the driver
installation utility. That utility will search for and probably not
find your kernel headers, in which case you need to add an option to
provide the path.

The name of the driver that you add to your XF86Config(-4) is
"nvidia."

Haines Brown