dpkg problems after the server broke down; /var folder gone

Hiya all,

well the problem is the following,
After a crash of our webserver, the whole /var was gone.
We got the system working again, but, dpkg produces errors ever since.

to show what the output the machine gives us looks like here comes a sample installation for bombardier:

root@arktis:~# apt-get install bombardier
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
bombardier: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4) but it is not going to be installed Depends: libncurses5 (>= 5.2.20020112a-1) but it is not going to be installed libdb1-compat: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.5-13) but it is not going to be installed libssl0.9.7: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2-1) but it is not going to be installed
  wget: Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2-1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).
root@arktis:~#

the whole /var/lib/dpkg/info is gone,

here s the output of dpkg --get selections

root@arktis:~# dpkg --get-selections
libdb1-compat                             install
libssl0.9.7                                     install
mysql-common                            install
wget                                               install
root@arktis:~#

my next step was to reread man apt-get, thought i couldn't find a way how to regenerate those info files.
Google didn't help me with my questions neither.
Would be great if there was another method to resolve this problem than a reinstall.

Greets
Bob Hentges