Re: Simple little basic config questions

> Please don't CC me.  (If somehow my sig isn't clear enough, please let
> me know how I can make it so.)

My apologies. The current auto CC: is something I did not have before,
and so I'm not used to removing that line. I was aware I had forgotten
to do that as soon as I had sent the message to you.

> Oh wait a minute.  I just looked at my .bashrc, etc and think I've
> noticed the problem.
>
> Try simply doing this:
>
> DISPLAY=:0.0
> export DISPLAY

Seems to have brought some progress. Now, when I su - root and run:

      echo $DISPLAY
      :0.0

But apparently, all that does is to say that I've successfully
assigned the value ":0.0" to DISPLAY, but it does not seem to have
been exported.

That is I run an application that calls for display :0.0 and it still
fails:

  Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to server

Haines