using debian in a NT4 or AD environment

Hi,

Does anyone here use Debian as a file server in a NT4 or AD domain ?

I'm just wondering what headaches the integration would bring, we have w2k
pro/ os9.2 and osx 10.2 on the desktops.

The older mac files can be a pain, but I guess I can have hfs.

How do I control access to the files.
Can I use nt group membership ?  Will samba help here ?

Do I need to create all the user accounts within debian too ?
I only have 100+ users.

this really is just a thought exercise, I'm not expecting to get any new
hardware this year.

Thanks.

Matt