Re: netiquette: CCing on lists

Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
File a bug report.

    Why?  I don't see it as a bug.

Mutt handles this situation correctly, as follows :
    list-reply  replies only to the list (because Mail-Followup-To
                                                 doesn't request a Cc)
    reply       asks if the Reply-To: address should be used
                    yes -> uses Reply-To: address
                    no  -> uses From: address
    group-reply asks if the Reply-To: address should be used (same
                    semantics as 'reply') and includes the list
                    address in the Cc: header

If sylpheed can't handle that, then that is a bug and ought to be
fixed.

What's to say that the mutt was is The One True Way. Hey, don't get me wrong, I like mutt for the most part but a lot of how it does things is just plain stupid. Unless there is an RFC floating around out there that says that the list headers trump reply-to (there may be, I've not read the list headers RFC yet) then either way can be explained to be correct within reasonable expectations.

SC's way is "correct" because it would be analogous to setting "followup-to" in a newsgroup. IE, how can you encourate a person to take a discussion off list?