Re: OOOOLLLLDDDD video card

On Tuesday October 28 at 01:04pm
"Larry W. Irwin Sr." <river@bigriver.net> wrote:

>   I have to use a really old Phoenix S3 Trio32/64 PCI card, running
> Debian Woody, no mixed stable/testing/unstable. Is there a way to get
> Woody's xserver to work with this fossil?

The card will work, however it is sometimes paired with Sun workstation
monitors, which use sync-on-green. This combination caused many
headaches for me. The best I got for X was snow. I ended up installing
Windows NT and giving it to my mother. Why she still uses Juno is beyond
me, but it only runs on Windows. At least it's better than 95/98, as far
as networking goes.
--
-johann koenig
Now Playing: Misfits - Some Kinda Hate : Legacy of Brutality