Install from usb (was: Re: Straight to SID...)

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 19:38, Greg Madden wrote:

Hi All,

	first time I hear from mini-install iso's. Great idea! Don't
know who is responsible for this (searched for netinst in the
packages but couldn't find anything) but would it be possible to
write such an iso to a usb memory stick and install from there?
Of course this depends on the machine being able to boot from usb
and I am actually looking for such a beast (anyone?) but this would
save a lot of money on cd- and floppy drives. While I'm at it, if
I can get rid of parallel port and ps2 interfaces too (want to keep
serial though) I wouldn't mind at all ;-)

Sincerely,

Jan.