Re: gnome crash, fontconfig

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 09:10:38PM +0000, Eliot Stock said
> Hello,
>
> Just installed X and gnome on sarge.
>
> When I startx, I get as far as a  split second of the gnome
> logo, then X crashes and my term is all screwed up and I have
> to reboot.
>
> After rebooting I find an .xsession_errors file in my home
> dir (running gnome as root currently) as follows:
>
> No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
> library is not correctly configured...
>
> So I
>
> dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig
>
> and enabled sub-pixel text rendering (got an LCD), and disabled
>  bitmapped fonts. Same thing: the .xsession_errors file is
> recreated.
>
> Can't see any decent output from gnome in /var/log - can anyone
> tell me what's going on or how I'm supposed to find out?

Try removing gsfonts-other?  It was segfaulting fontconfigified apps
last week.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:        e-cash Taiwan New World Order Agfa Mossad Kh-11 passwd