Re: DevFS mounting problems (was: Re: Think I need ttyN where N>8)

On Tuesday 28 October 2003 17:30, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> Yes, it's there! :-)
>
> kjetil@owl:~> grep devfs /proc/mounts
> none /dev devfs rw 0 0
>
> > If devfs is in /proc/filesystems,
>
> Yes, it is there too.

Just to let you all know I have solved this problem... Usually, I'm
thinking "don't go further unless you're sure the stuff you're doing
right now works" when I'm following HOWTOs. In this case, it was
obviously not a good approach: This part worked once I added dumbcon=2
to my kernel parameters. It did in fact create the devices, allthough
mount is unaware of it...

Now, I can start two different X servers at the same time and have them
respond to two different keyboards and mice. Still to do is to get kdm
to do that for me... That doesn't work yet.

Thanks to all who responded!

Cheers,

Kjetil
--