Re: xterm title and xconsole

Jaume & Nick, thanks!

> JG <j2003gi@yahoo.es> [2003-10-29 11:01]:
>
> Add a line like
>
> Style "XTerm"      NoTitle
>
> to your ~/.fvwm/.fvwm2rc . You can find examples of .fvwm2rc files

if I corretyl understand, this would lead to all xterm being started
without title.  However, I would like to have only specific xterm
windows being started without title.  Thus, if I correctly understand
the manpage of xterm, I would need to start xterm with the -name
option and define a line in my .fvwm2rc accordingly, right?

From man:
 -name name
         This   option   specifies  the  application  name  under  which
         resources are to be obtained,  rather  than  the  default  exe-
         cutable  file  name.   Name  should  not contain ``.'' or ``*''
         characters.

but isn't there a way to start xterm from the command line?
Sorry if I was no precise enough before.

Thanks!

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP?  <http://www.rawip.org>   |