Re: Debian MSN clients can't connect

Paul Johnson wrote:

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 04:51:16AM +0000, Pigeon wrote:

The kids have given me a username eg. 'user.name@hotmail.com' and a
password to go with it (an English word). I've tried these in gaim,
kmerlin and everybuddy; none of them can connect and it doesn't look
like it's because they've given me an invalid username/password. gaim
(v0.58) is the least informative; when I try to connect, it responds
very quickly with a dialog saying

Kopete in KDE 3.2 gets the job done.

The problems with the accounts, are 'cause newest protocol for the messenger, That solution about kopete is good since, you want upgrade all the dependencies, but if you wana get a BIG THANKS for the kids I recomend, amsn 0.83, isn't part of Debian/Woody(I don't know sid, or sarge), but is GNU, based on GTK+/Tcl/Tk, looks almost identacally, and should not be a trouble for the kids.