Re: PDFs on the fly with PHP

Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 03:45:16PM -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:

Not to pick nits, but is the problem that it's opensource, or rather
that it's GPL (or some other license with restrictions)?  The BSD
license is, I believe, an opensource license without restriction.

The problem is that I want to release GPL, but PDFLib requires a fee for commercial applications. I want a PHP PDF generator that is licensed under a GPL compatible license (and does not require $$ for commercial use).

emma

What about just setting up PHP so it has limited shell access and
having the program execute ps2pdf (or another suitable alternative)
on the Web server?

-Roberto