Re: netiquette: CCing on lists

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 at 22:18 GMT, Kjetil Kjernsmo penned:

> I can't agree. For a review of the opposing viewpoints, see
> http://marc.merlins.org/perso/listreplyto.html I've been in both
> camps, but I have now settled for the "harmful" camp.  I've been to
> too many mailing lists with reply-tos, and what you get is a lot of
> mis-sent private messages, and then a lot of "sorry, didn't mean
> that", flame-wars over comments that weren't meant for the list, and
> even "hell, remove that comment from the list archive". All that is
> _far_ more annoying than the occasional CC, IMHO.

Upon reading this, I have to agree with you -- having a supposedly
private message sent to the list could range from mildly annoying to
outrageously embarrassing.

But then I have to ask -- do some clients automagically CC the poster,
or are people going to the trouble of CCing manually?
--
monique
PLEASE don't CC me.  Please.  Pretty please with sugar on top.