Re: Debian Newbie Question on Network Config

"Alberto Tobias" <atr@xs4all.nl> writes:

> 1.  (*) text/plain          ( ) text/html

ObFormatting: please set your mailer to send plain text only, and wrap
lines at 72 characters.

> I have however one question. I have troubles with my network card. I
> can get it up and running ok, using the tulip drivers from
> scyld.org. I can configure it, add the default routes etc etc. But I
> have to do this everytime I boot the system, because I don't know
> where to add the configuration so it is set up right when it boots.
>
> Where do I do this? Which startup scripts do I need to change?

Edit /etc/network/interfaces.  There's a man page (interfaces(5)), and
a sample file in /usr/share/doc/ifupdown/examples/network-interfaces.gz.

	-- Abra Mitchell