Re: Spamassassin+evolution

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Riccardo Gusso wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I have seen recently one suggestion on how to integrate Mozilla Mail
> with spamassassin; I was wondering if there is a way to do the same with
> evolution.
> Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
>                  Riccardo
> --
<snip>
Hi Riccardo,
I mentioned something a few days ago. You need to redirect your mail flow.
normally you mail does this:
pop3 server -> evo
if you want to use spamasssin you need to make evo read mail from your
local mail box.
pop3 -> fetchmail -> /var/spool/user -> sendmail ->  procmail ->
/home/user/mbox
Not sure where to insert spam assin as I dont use it. But the idea is that
evo would read from /home/user/mbox not directly from pop3 server.
-Kev