Re: ethernet card reports no resouces...

Vivek Kumar wrote:
> Got following error few times.
>
> etho: ethernet card reports no resources.

That 'etho' does not look like a cut-n-paste.  Please always show the
actual output if possible.

> What does it mean. I am in middle to copying files to nfs mounted disk
> on this box.

It would help to know the type of card and the driver you are using.

That message sounds like a message from 'eepro100' on the Intel NIC.
If so then I suggest switching to 'e100' in the 2.4.20 and later
kernels.  In the extreme case it is possible the eepro100 will become
disabled and you will need to restart networking to reactivate it.
Most of the time the message is innocuous.

If you are using a different card/driver then I don't know what it
means.

Bob