Re: why is debian the only distribution that won't let me run X?

On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 01:39:15PM -0200, klaus imgrund wrote:
> Xfree 4.2 will not work with nvidia FX cards.You'll need the nvidia drivers
> installed.To install those you'll need at least the kernel headers for your
which crash my comp...

> kernel installed and probably also the source.Don't know the debian way.
i allready went through that procedure... it only crashes the comp...

complete specs are on http://www.medion.de/:
> Fx cards look like this (supposedly):
>
>   o GeForce FX 5800 Ultra        0x0301
>   o GeForce FX 5800              0x0302
>   o GeForce FX 5600 Ultra        0x0311
>   o GeForce FX 5600              0x0312
>   o GeForce FX 5200 Ultra        0x0321
>   o GeForce FX 5200              0x0322
Nvidia Geforce FX Go 5300m 64 Megabyte DDR-SDRAM (auf Hauptplatine)

but as sayd i would allready be happy to get the vesa driver running as
with all other distributions.... in fact i tryed nearly all available
distribuions that are out there, and unfortunately debian is the only
one that doesn't get anything ressembling X working.... and as sayd
before copying over the config files is of no help (don't get why
    BTW...)

--
ciao bboett
bboett@adlp.org