Re: why is debian the only distribution that won't let me run X?

Bruno Boettcher wrote:

Hello,

 seems there's no way to get X running under debian on my new Medion
 laptop....

 i tryed so far Mandrake, Suse, Redhat and Knoppix and none had the
 slightes problem to set up at least the vesa X server....

 i still try to install debian (usntable) on the laptop, and discover
 discovers nothing, and even the XF86 config files saved from thos
 other distributions that worked perfectly well on my laptop don't work
 under debian.....

 the nvidia drivers only crash the machine so as it seems i will have
 to switch distributions :(

 but anyway... what's so different about the X setup between debian and
 the others that the same config files don't work???

 chipset is a GeforceFX from nvidia, Proc P4@2.8GHz
 the log files are here:
 http://www.inforezo.org/~bboett/xfree.log
 http://www.inforezo.org/~bboett/XFree86.0.log
 http://www.inforezo.org/~bboett/XF86Config-4

 any help welcome....
Just copy the XF86Config-4 that Knoppix creates.

Paul Scott