Re: Mailboxes, etc.

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 09:01, Ron Johnson wrote:
-----(major snippage)
> Is there anything more to moving an IMAP server from NODE1 to NODE2,
> other than copying the config files over (and adding users, if need
> be)?

Umm, nope. If you can have both machine up @ once... you can use IMAP to
copy the cruft from one to the other. I have done it using Evolution to
go from POP3 with Local Storage to IMAPv4 with remote storage, as well
as using Evolution to migrate from one IMAP server to another. And at
one point to migrate from GroupWise to IMAP using the GWIA IMAP server
to grab all the stuff out.

IMAP... Know it, Use it, Love it. Either non-SSL or even self-signed
SSL. It is a work of beauty... at least the Courier-IMAP server is.

If I had to I'd now use it as my local storage.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

Votre regard est plus penetrant qu'une stalagmite sertie dans son antre
d'albatre