Re: List mail being redirected?

on Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 12:44:24PM -0500, Haines Brown (brownh@hartford-hwp.com) wrote:
> Sorry if this has been brought up before, but a message I send to this
> list this morning seems to have been redirectected at some point to a
> different domain:
>
> 	  postmaster@sendfree.com
> 	  The following address had permanent fatal errors
> 	      debian-user@send.free.com
>
> I don't know if this redirection occurred before my message was
> distributed to the list, or as a result of that distribution. I'd
> appreciate knowing if anyone saw my message arrive. I don't recall the
> exact subject line, but it had to do with aptitude installation of
> kernel-headers.

That's an idiot who's mail system is misconfiguring bounces.

I've added the originating address to my spamlist and am reporting the
mails to spam resources.  I believe the ISP reporting addresses bounced.

Peace.

    user-agent considered harmful.  Encourage W3M standards:
    http://twiki.iwethey.org/Main/UserContentString