Re: inetd not being run at startup

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 at 21:22 GMT, Richard Otte penned:
> Aha, sure enough, only rc0.d and rc6.d have a file K20inetd I assume I
> can fix this by typing update-rc.d inetd defaults Someone please let
> me know if it would be a mistake to do so.  Also, I noticed that there
> were several other files missing besides inetd, such as: cron,
> kerneld, ppp, hwclock.sh, etc-setserial, hotplug, urandom, networking,
> umountfs, and halt.  Should I also try to type 'update-rc.d NAME
> defaults' for them?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ric

I'm afraid I'm a neanderthal thrownback who has thus far always used 'ln
-s' to solve my rc.d problems, so I can't answer that =/

Actually, this list has been amazingly great at making me aware of tools
I never even knew existed.

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please