Re: How can I get a working Gnome installation on a new "testing" machine?

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 08:33:09AM -0500, stan wrote:
> I'm trying to build a new machine for work this weekend. I'm running out of
> weekend, and I still have not mamanged to get a working Gnome install.
>
> What's the best way to get this working on a "testing" machine? It appears
> that there may be unmet dependencies, is this curently true?

Install testing packages and the missing dependencies from
unstable. Aptitude is nice tool for doing this.

To limit packages installed from unstable and still be able to upgrade
packages, set up a /etc/apt/preferences like:

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 990

Package: *