Re: inetd not being run at startup

Aha, sure enough, only rc0.d and rc6.d have a file
   K20inetd
I assume I can fix this by typing
  update-rc.d inetd defaults
Someone please let me know if it would be a mistake to do so.  Also, I
noticed that there were several other files missing besides inetd,
such as: cron, kerneld, ppp, hwclock.sh, etc-setserial, hotplug,
urandom, networking, umountfs, and halt.  Should I also try to type
'update-rc.d NAME defaults' for them?

Thanks,

Ric