Cursor dust

Hi everybody !

I use Debian 3.0/stable with 2.4.18 and 2.4.20 kernel.
The GUI are KDE2 and Gnome 1.4. My debian packages I always
refresh with "apt-get update" and "apt-get upgrade" commands.
I have got this problem for a year since I used Debian.
I put the question to hungarian linux and debian mailing lists,
but I have not got any real answer.

My problem is that using some program, the cursor leaves dust behind it.
When I move the cursor with the left-key, right-key, up-key, down-key,
and it also leaves dust when I move the scroll-bar up or down.
And this time when the cursor move to another place it leaves
a line, or a part of a line.

Fortunately, I don't meet with this problem at most of the programs
(kedit, konqueror, netscape 4.x, gftp, xterm, kword, kmail, ...).

But I meet with this problem in the following program:
Abiword, Mozilla, Netscape 7.x, Eclipse (java development tool).

I try KDE and also GNOME but I meet this problem.

Is it possible that the above mentioned programs are wrong,
and developers wrote this program wrongly to move the cursor  ?

Is it possible that the cursor moving has been written in not this programs,
but then this programs call the modul of the operating system,
but this modul works wrongly ?

I thought that the problem will be solved itself with the help kernel changes,
or with the help of refresh debian-packages, but this didn't help me.

Have somebody ever meet with this problem ?
What is the solution ?

Joe