Re: Insidious Spam/swen/Garbage

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 at 17:59 GMT, Tom penned:
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 09:16:55AM -0800, Vineet Kumar wrote:
>> You're using a plaintext pop password on the wire and you're worried
>> about some file in your home directory?
>
> I use the SSL option in my .fetchmailrc, so I hope my pwd and more
> importantly email bodies come over the cable modem encrypted.
>
> The only thing I can't figure out is how to tell exim to talk to the
> smarthost with SSL, I guess people can read my upstream email.

Even if exim spoke SSL to the smarthost, the email would still be
plaintext between there and the originator.  At least, I think that's
how it works.  If you really want to hide the contents of your email,
encrypt the actual message ... of course, that still doesn't hide the
sender or recipient.

--
monique
Unless you need to share ultra-sensitive super-spy stuff with me, please