kernel upgrade issue

Hi,

I had 2.20 version installed on my system and reiserfs was not working.
So I installed kernel-image-2.4.18-386 (apt-get install
kernel-image-2.4.18-386). It did configure and then I reboot my box and
the reiserfs started working butsomehow my networking is gone. I can't
get my eth0 and eth1 up. Once I use isup eth0 command it says about
module not found or something and next time I do it it says eth0 is
already configured. What should I do to make eth0 and eth1 work.
Kindly help.

Thanks
--
Vivek Kumar