Re: Spam filter recommendation

On 27 Oct 2003, Brendan J Simon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone recommend a good spam filter for Debian???
> I use Mozilla as my mail client on an Apple PowerBook and also an Intel
> desktop.
>
> Are there differences in power and ease of use between all the various
> spam filters?
> Which are the most actively used and maintained?
> Which are the most accurate at detecting spam?
>
> Could you please CC me as well as the list.
>
> Many thanks,
> Brendan Simon.

Although spamassassin and bogofilter seem to get most of the publicity,
I've found spamprobe to be better than either in both accuracy and ease
of setting up. I get few false negatives and no false positive at all.
But YMMV.

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic