Re: Can't find ethernet card

[Please wrap your lines!  It makes it much easier to read, and thus more
likely that you'll get a response.  Anywhere between 70 and 80 is
acceptable; 72 seems to be a nice value.]

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 06:55:47AM -0500, wilddragon@cox.net said
> I'm installing Debian on a PowerPC (PowerBase 180) with a Farallon
> FastEtherTX 10/100 PCI ethernet adapter.  Everything looks fine except
> that I cannot get Debian to recognize the ethernet card (and thus
> cannot continue to a network install of the base system).

Have you loaded the kernel module for it?  If you have Debian installed
on it already, try installing the "discover" package which should detect
and load the module for you.

> The card works fine when I boot from Mac OS9, so I know its not
> hardware or connections.

Cool.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:        Skipjack Kh-11 embassy BLU-97 A/B enigma Baranyi S Box