Re: Debian ISO Images

Hi,

* archie@cvis.net.ph <archie@cvis.net.ph> [031027 15:28]:
> To Whom It may Concerned:
>
>      I have downloaded the ISO images of Woody and there are seven
> from it. It is categorized as BOOT(Non-US)GENERIC, BOOT(US)GENERIC,
> VANILLA, COMPACT, IDEPCI and BF2.4 BOOT. When to use these different
> ISO's.

Most of the time you can just use the first CD. However, in general it
depends on what hardware you are using. This is detailed in the
installation manual:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-install-methods.en.html#s-kernel-choice

you should be able to find the answers to most of your questions in the
Debian installation manual. Just follow the links from
http://www.debian.org.

Cheers,

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux twofish 2.6.0-test9-looxt93c1 i686 GNU/Linux