GTK2.x fonts appeared as grayed box

- I sent this msg yesterday but seems like it doesn't get up to the ML
yet so just resend it again, sorry if it gets posted twice.

I use Sarge, and have the MScorefonts loaded with xfs, everything
(e.g viewing webpage with foreign language) so far has worked perfectly
on gtk1.2.x and other apps like Mozilla.  But the GTK2.x apps like
Firebired compiled with xft / gtk2.x will all display some of those
characters as squared blocks.

This happen on all my Debian's boxes, probably a known issues but I
can't seem to find any solution.

What can I check on this matter ?

TIA