Re: [OT] - problem with java

Micha Feigin <michf@post.tau.ac.il> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I tried replacing the internal java matlab is using (either 1.1.8 or
> 1.3.1) since it is causing problems with window sizes.
> I installed j2re 1.4.1 from blackdown in the right place, pointed to it
> and add a link in <jredir>/lib/i386/hotspot -> <jredir>/lib/i386/client.
> This causes matlab to start but it locks down after opening the windows
> and starting all the threads.
> I'm suspicious that its a thread sinc lock or something but I don't know
> java that much.
> Any ideas on what it could be and how to solve it?

No clue, I'm also driven mad by all the java crazyness...

But in the meantime you might try octave it's a very basic matlab
clone and is available as a debian package. It can do the basic linear
algebra stuff. It doesn't have all the nice toolboxes and so forth,
but the rest is kind of there. It's better than nothing :)

Of course if you already know about octave then send this message to
/dev/null :)

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>