Re: hi

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 13:12:27 -0600,
"michael stephens" <mstep99@charter.net> wrote in message
<[🔎] 000001c39bf5$1b8c05c0$6401a8c0@mstep99>:

> I have a satellite pro 420cds and I do not know the password to boot I
> baught it used. can you help. sandra

..sure. First set your X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook, Build 10.0.2627 to
send  text-only messages, people here _hate_ html in email.

..secondly, if it stops the laptop from booting into the opearting
system, with a boot-up password, ask whomever you bought it
from.  If (s)he does not know, ask the vendor who sold it initially,
they will usually want to know the serial number to verify it has
not been stolen.

..if it does boot all the way up to a login prompt, and you did not buy
a Microsoft license to go with the laptop, just wipe it clean and
install Debian Linux, you cannot use any Microsoft Windows legally
without a paid for license from Microsoft.

..the details on installing Debian linux: http://www.debian.org/

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: