Re: Problem Maintaining Subscription

"Thomas H. George" <xyz@spininternet.com> writes:

> I will resubscribe for the xyz mailbox this morning.  If you know of
> any other preventative measures I should taked, please let me know.

A very nice way to use this list is through gmane. Gmane is a news
gateway to this group. It gives you access to almost all the messages
ever posted to the mailing list (currently over 100000 for
debian-user). Most news clients let you choose how many of those
headers you want to get (say for the 500 most recent messages) and
then amongst those you can choose which messages you actually want to
download. To respond to a message or to post a message to the group
all you have to do is post a message to the newsgroup and it is
automatically relayed to the mailing-list (there is a five minute
delay so that we are protected from spammers).

Gmane homepage:
http://www.gmane.org

Debian user:
nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user
or even
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user

I am in fact posting this message through gmame to show that the
process is pretty transparent. Although I am subscribed to debian-user
(since I'm a debian fanatic) there are tons of mailing lists that I
have only a passing interest in, and even my email resources are
finite.

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>