Re: A newbie's confusion about GPL (BS)

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 03:58:14 +0100,
Pigeon <jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20031025025814.GS22112@pigeon.pigeonloft>:

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 10:38:33PM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:18:03 -0700,
> > Tom <tb.31020.nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > <[🔎] 20031023181803.GA7578@comcast.net>:

> > ...or Bush.

> > .."expressing it"???  How about a wee lecture in _that_ art?
> >
> > ..sofistication and "Qui bono?":
>
> <pedant>
> s/Q/C/
> </pedant>
> (sorry, the language thread's got me into Latin mode :-) )

..really?  ;-)

> > _Who_ did _not_ bomb|sabotage|etc
> > Hitlers railroads to Auschwitz?  _Who_ dropped the surviving Jews
> > off_right_ in between _who's_ colonies in the Middle East?
>
> ...mind you, dem Jews should have taken more notice of their own book.
> Isaiah, beginnings of chapters 30 and 31 spring to mind. And lots of
> other bits.

..sure, but try make military sense out of it; Air dropping arms in to
the Jews, would have tied up several hundred thousand Nazis, and largely
"for free", the Jews _had_ no choise other than combat. and Zyklon B.

> > _Who_ got
> > a _wee_ hint in 1956 over a certain Suez Canal, by _which_ other 3
> > veto powers in the UN "Security" Council?  _Who_ dropped _who's_
> > Indo-China colony wars into Forrest Gump's lap in the early 60'ies?
> >
> > In that 13 year old laptop colony war, _which_ Sissy Boy ANG
> > lieutenant went AWOL for a full year ?  _Where_ did he go, and,
> > qu'a-t-il fait là?
> >
> > .."Europe is America minus 10 years.".  Riiiiiiiiiiight.
> >
> > > God, this planet needs another LSD revolution; we need another
> > > Beatles.
>
> YES... hmmm... Foursome dating from 60s with Beatles inspirations and
> none of them having one foot in the grave, needed to spearhead the day
> of revolution. John - Les - Woolly - Mel - get back together, the
> world needs you, debian-user has decided it!
>
> > > Life could be so much more interesting than this.
> >
> > ..as in worthwhile, I agree, as in exiting, I respectfully disagree,
> > I could use _less_ exitement, like in peace.
>
> "...live in interesting times" :-)

..precisely, _too_ damned interesting for my taste.

> > ..now we have GI's committing suicide just like in Vietnam.  Dope
> > was abused there too, and it won't help you this time either.
>
> ...handing out speed and downers like smarties isn't a very good idea
> either...
>
> > Draft Dodger
> > Bill Clinton at the very least had enough spine to salute some of
> > the coffins he caused.
> >
> > ..put your traitors and your war criminals where they belong, on
> > trial. They really belong on death row, but do it _right_.  I mean,
> > you kicked Nixon out of Office on some silly burglary.  After Iraq
> > and Palestine etc is freed, and your traitors and war criminals has
> > been hanged, there may be a new _viable_ chance for peace.
>
> hmmm... s/hanged/imprisoned/ I think getting rid of the death penalty
> would be an excellent thing for America to do.

..I respectfully disagree;  consider the thrustworthyness of Microsoft
Linux code now, and then _after_ a death sentence on Gates and Ballmer
et al, say for having obstructed War on Terrorism by funding SCO to
divert Linux manpower away from 64 bit development and into litigation,
or for messing with a certain ballot machine operating system to elect
a Certain Sissy, President.

..we judge Microsoft et al on _their_ prior art, and we get judged on
our own prior art, and, by the Muslims too.

..sure they respect us, _as_ nuclear armed genociders.

> > ..you will have to earn it.  And, you _can_.  It only takes a spine.
> > Once you show it, the Muslims may want to do likewise with their
> > war criminals.
> > Facing Our Nuclear Etc Alliance, they _are_ showing their spines.
> > And, they _are_ about as right as the Jews in WWII.
>
> ...facing cultural rather than physical extermination... I'm inclined
> towards agreement.

.."cultural extermination" does _not_ "cure" the "Green Fear" of
"population explosion" etc on this planet.  "Physical" _can_.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: