Re: Insidious Spam/swen/Garbage

Andre Kalus(akalus@gmx.de) is reported to have said:

> It is very simple - you do not need any config. I just installed mutt
> (from unstable). Then I call:
>
> mutt -f pop://xxxxxxx@pop.gmx.net
>
> where xxxxxxx is my customer number from GMX (you can use both e-Mail
> address and customer number as login but I guess E-mail won't work because
> it has an @ inside). pop.gmx.net is your providers pop server.
>
> Then you are asked for your password and see the contents of your mailbox.
> Use arrow keys to move up and down, press D to delete a message. Q exits
> mutt, it asks you to delete the marked ("D") messages. Just press enter
> and you are done.
>
> I do have a dial-up connection too, so this is my way to get rid of SWEN...

If you add set pop_host=pop.gmx.net, set pop_user=xxxxxxx and set pop_pass=????
to your .muttrc then   mutt -f pop://
will connect without typeing so much.  :-)

This works in version 1.5.4-1 (testing) as well....

Isn't linux neat!!
--
A computer scientist is someone who fixes things that aren't broken.